German Law/re-entering Germany

Question
I have been in Germany for 8 months trying to get a residence permit. I was denied the permit and have to leave Germany on 24 Nov. 2012. I will not be able to return to Germany till 24 Feb. 2013. I will be in the United States between my departure date and the date I will be able to return. My question is: If I marry my girlfriend while in the United States ( in Ohio ), will I be able to return with her as a married couple before my 90 day waiting period is finished? Thank you.

Answer
Dear John,
I am International Family & Inheritance Law lawyer therefore I can only answer basic Immigration Law questions. You have to contact the German Consulate in Chicago to find out if you are permitted to travel back to Germany before the 90 day waiting period is over after you got married to your German girlfriend. They might be able to give you a document for the airport officials. Unfortunately they are not always very helpful at the Consulate. I would be able to assist by drafting the document and contacting the Consulate. You can contact me at csb@germanlegalservices.com.

Sincerely,
Carolin Burgess
German Lawyer  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess