You are here:

German Law/child custody germany


It was tricky how my husband was able to get custody of my children.He exercised his custodial rights for one year then gave the children back to me. Since then the children were with me. Until one time that he took the children out, they never came back. He flew to Germany with the children with out notice.

The law here said, I cannot file any case against him. Is there really nothing I can do? I can go to Germany and fight for custody?
My concern is that, one child is still considered as minor. Taken away without notice that they wont be seeing their mother for sometime would come as a shock to the children.

To add an information about the father, he stopped working in his early 20's and moved to my country. Until now, he is unemployed and without any qualifications.

I want my children back...

Dear luna,

I am sad to hear this. My partner in Munich and I can try to file at the German court in the hometown of the father to get you the right to bring your minor child back to the Phillippines. The adult children can decide on their own if they want to move back with you. My partner might be able to obtain financial aid if you are not able to pay the full legal costs.

You can contact me at to set up a phone consultation.

Carolin Burgess

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carolin Schulz-Burgess


German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.


I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.

©2017 All rights reserved.