German Law/Marriage in Germany

Question
My boyfriend and I are military currently stationed in Vilseck, Germany and would like to get married.  What course of action do we take to go about this and will the marriage certificate be valid in the United States as well.

Answer
Hello Sherri,

you can go to the City Hall ("Rathaus") in Vilseck. They have quite some experience with weddings of Americans (I once translated at one myself) and will tell you about the current requirements. They mainly need your birth certificates and passports and you will need to vow that you are both single (or divorced or widowed).

All the best!

Andreas Moser
www.moser-law.com
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser