You are here:

German Law/2008 paternity law


What happens when the mother and her children refuse to take a court ordered dna testing,And what if I proved I was in different country at the time of conception ?


You need legal representation if the mother is in the process to obtain a German court order to enforce child support. You only have one month to appeal a German court order.

If you miss the deadline your employer will be ordered to deduct child support from your pay check and to send it to the mother's account each month for at least the next 18 years.

We would need to file a paternity claim at the court in the mother's hometown as soon as possible to proof that you are not the father of the child. The court will order a DNA test.

You can contact me directly at to set up a consultation.

Carolin Burgess
German Lawyer  

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carolin Schulz-Burgess


German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.


I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]