German Law/Divorce/marriage

Question
I am a dual national, (American & German). I was married and subsequently divorced many years ago in the U.S. to an American. I am looking now to marry a German national. I was told, (not sure how true), that the certified copy of the divorce may need to be reviewed by the Amts Gericht (court), before I am allowed to marry in Germany. Additionally, they said it may be necessary to write officially to my ex and get his "permission". I do not understand if the divorce document is provided and is a certifed copy why this is necessary??!! Also, they said if I were to marry again in another country, then because I am a German national as well, I could be charged with bigammy. Is that really the case? Or would this just make matters difficult when I retire trying to show that the marriage from another country was indeed officially recognized in Germany?
Thank you for your assistance

Answer
Dear Maria,

The Standesamt is asking for the Anerkennung from the Landesjustizverwaltung. Unfortunately this is in your case necessary in order to get the permission to get married again. You can contact me at csb@germanlegalservices.com if you want to use my service to get the divorce degree anerkannt.

Sincerely,
Carolin Burgess
German Attorney at Law

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess