German Law/Humantarian resident

Question
Hello Moser. Am legal marry to german citizen with two month child. I was in asylum before we get married now i want to change my immigration status from Duldung to family member of eu. The immigration office in virsen. Wrote us a letter to come for resident permit base on humarian right. I dont understand why are they not giving me the right permit to start working. Please help me am from africa ghana.

Answer
Hello Kwaku,

if you are married to a German citizen and live in Germany and have a child, you should clearly be able to obtain a residence permit in accordance with 28 I AufenthG.

Please note that this is not the family reunion with an EU family member, as the EU family reunion directive does not apply to a German citizen living in Germany. In this case, German law prevails.

I have no idea why the immigration office is offering you a different residence permit.
If you want me to take a closer look, please feel free to e-mail me their letter to moser@moser-law.com.

Andreas Moser
www.moser-law.com
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com/category/law/german-law-law/

German Law

Andreas Moser