German Law/revoke power of attorney

My step mother is a German citizen, married to my father in US.  She had given her attorney son-in-law power of attorney 10-15yrs ago when she was ill in Germany.  He now regulates all her money, she has no say in the matter.  She wants to revoke the POA, so she can be sure if something happens to her, her other 2 children will get her estate.  She is afraid of him, and doesn't want to rock the boat.  

She lives in America.  Is the law different in Germany?  Can she send a form revoking the POA?  Or does she need to get another attorney?

Thank you,

Revocation should be possible without any formal requirements unless it is explicitly irrevocable. Revocation in writing is ok.

Your assumption that by granting POA your step mother would have lost her say is incorrect. She remains in position as principal.

German Law

Henning Haarhaus

I can answer questions in English, German and French. Practice in inheritance law, tax, labour and contract law for private clients. Services also rendered in the fields of business & commercial law; e.g. business organizations, contracts, debt collections, leasing law. Representing clients all over Germany. NO CONSULTANCY ON FAMILY AND IMMIGRATION LAW.

Working since 1999 in the forenamed fields. Henning Haarhaus` experience includes services in the legal department of Roedl & partner, the biggest tax consultancy firm of German origin. Appointed Bar Certified Tax Law Practioner in 2007.

Bar Association of Berlin, KIWANIS

German licensed lawyer and bar certified tax specialist