You are here:

German Law/Money stolen from bank Account by card


Hello Sir,
In my case some near and dear one steal my bank card and using it withdrawed money from my account in Kiel city Germany.

I do not know where to file a complain and what can i do?
I already reported to Deutsche bank but i am getting poor response.
right Now i am in india so unable to visit personally. So please help me in this regard?

Dear Mr. Patel,

You can file a report at the police office if you want the prosecutor involved. You can also file a civil law suit against the offender if there is a good chance that the person will pay you the money back. There will be legal costs for the lawyer and the court you have to pay up front but you might be able to get the money back from the other party.

Carolin Schulz-Burgess
German Attorney at Law/Foreign Legal Consultant  

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carolin Schulz-Burgess


German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.


I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]