You are here:

German Law/changing visa type


i am a Syrian computer engineer, i live now in Syria, i have a German student visa to study master, the visa begin in 6-1-2014, i need to know if i can get a contract with German company and that contract fulfills the requirements of the blue cart system, can i apply for the blue card or i need to complete the master first

thank you for your time answering the question

If you fulfil the requirements for the Blue Card, you can switch to the Blue Card and start your job as soon as you will have received the Blue Card. You do not need to complete your studies.

Welcome to Germany!

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.