German Law/Dual Citizenship - Germany & UK

Question
Hi
Iam German by Birth both parents are German.I left Germany in 1987 and haven't been back since.
Iam now living in the UK since 19 Years and thinking too apply for British citizenship.How does it affect(if at all) my German Citizenship?
Thank you

Answer
Applying for British citizenship won't have any negative effect on your German citizenship. At least as long as the UK will still be a member state of the EU by the time you receive your British citizenship. ;-)

Germany does not have any problem with dual citizenship as long as the second citizenship is that of another EU country ( 25 I 2 StAG).

Andreas Moser
www.moser-law.com
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser