German Law/Child Support after 18 from German father for Daughter in USA

Question
Hello, my daughter 18 years old (born out of wedlock) presently a senior at High School wants to study in Florida.  Her father pays child support presently.  She is American.  Does he have to continue to pay while she does her degree at College - what law would be used if she is in the USA?  How does she get a new German title made legal for the USA?  She can't pay for college without his child support payments.  We are presently in Europe but will return to US within the next year. It is very confusing, no one really seems to know if she is entitled to anything if she returns to Florida, how to go about getting the title, or if it is even possible for her to get child benefit from her father if she's no longer in Europe.  Can you please advise how we should go about it, and what the law says about if she can still get payments from him or not?  Thank you in advance.

Answer
Dear Carla,

Normally Florida Law would apply for the child support calculation if your daughter will live and study in Florida. I would need to look up the Florida Law to see if your daughter is still entitled to receive child support for her studies after she turned 18 years old and I could advice you in a telephone consultation about my findings.

You can contact me at csb@germanlegalservices.com if you want to use my services.

Sincerely,
Carolin Burgess
German Attorney at Law  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess