You are here:

German Law/Child support


Hi there,
I'm here to help my friend who is single mother.we are com from friend has a child with a German guy.the child is almost 2 years old and he never come back to see his child.he had been suporting for a while and suddenly he said he can't do it anymore and is really hard for her to take Care the kid alone as she does not has a good job and she can't afford for day care.....please advise us if we can sue him for child support and where can we contact to?


If the father's paternity is legally established (for example if he acknowledged it or the couple was married when they had the child), then the mother can of course sue the father for child support.

She would first need to find out his address and find out how much (approximately) he earns. If he refuses to provide any information about his income, the court can order him to give up that information.

If the mother has some idea about the father's income (and his potential other support obligations), then I can do a rough calculation of the child support for her.

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.