German Law/Child support

Question
Hi there,
I'm here to help my friend who is single mother.we are com from Vietnam.my friend has a child with a German guy.the child is almost 2 years old and he never come back to see his child.he had been suporting for a while and suddenly he said he can't do it anymore and disappeared.it is really hard for her to take Care the kid alone as she does not has a good job and she can't afford for day care.....please advise us if we can sue him for child support and where can we contact to?

Regard,
Thi

Answer
If the father's paternity is legally established (for example if he acknowledged it or the couple was married when they had the child), then the mother can of course sue the father for child support.

She would first need to find out his address and find out how much (approximately) he earns. If he refuses to provide any information about his income, the court can order him to give up that information.

If the mother has some idea about the father's income (and his potential other support obligations), then I can do a rough calculation of the child support for her.

Andreas Moser
www.moser-law.com

German Law

Andreas Moser