You are here:

German Law/Divorced, child in Germany, father in UK - payments?


Nicole wrote at 2013-02-27 20:25:52
Dear Sam,

I am not a legal expert, but a mum who's in a similar situation as your ex-wife. From my research I can not see that a Sportsclub would be considered "Mehrbedarf", and in any case as both of you are working the expenses considered "Mehrbedarf" would be split between you and the mother according to each disposable income. Carolin, feel free to correct me!

Best regards,


German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carolin Schulz-Burgess


German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.


I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.

©2017 All rights reserved.