German Law/german citizenship after divorce

Hallo, i have been married to a German Citizen for 20 years , we have adaughter of 13 years,all this time we have been living in India.

We married in India and later we all moved to Germany in 2010,
We seperated in November 2012
My aufenthalterlaubnis valid until September 2013.

Will i be ble to finally get a German passport or the seperation  that is leading to a divorce will affect my hopes of getting a German passport. ...I would really want to see my daughter growing .thankyou in advance.

Hello Anna,

first of all, as long as your daughter will live in Germany and you will retain at least shared custody, your residence permit ("Aufenthaltserlaubnis") will be extended even after the divorce.

You will then, once you meet the language and integration requirements, of course be able to apply for German citizenship.
For more on how to obtain German citizenship:

Andreas Moser  

German Law

Andreas Moser

Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.

2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK