German Law/Indian Citizen - Work Permit Extension

Question
Hello,
I am a software engineer and I have got a work permit for 6 months. It is highly possible that my work will extend beyond 6 months. I am an Indian citizen.

Is it possible for me to get my Work Permit extended while I am in Germany or it would require me to come back to India and apply for extension.

Thanks in advance

Answer
You can get the residence and work permit extended while working in Germany, especially if you will continue to work in the same job for the same company.

As soon as you will know for sure, get it confirmed by the company in writing, and take all of these documents to the Immigration Agency where you will receive an extension of your residence and work permit. Because this may take a while, I would recommend going to them as soon as possible.

Andreas Moser
www.moser-law.com
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser