German Law/Birth Certificate

Question
Does a german woman having a child in Germany have to give a name for the father on the birth certificate??  If she chooses to give a name and the person signs in agreement, will the German government immediately attempt to retrieve child support if the two are NOT married??

Answer
Dear Tremaine,

The mother will give the father's name to the Standesamt to obtain a birth certificate. She has to contact the Youth Department and they will step in with support if the father is not paying. They will enforce the back support and future support but it will take quite some time.

Sincerely,
C. Burgess  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess