German Law/Child Support

Question
My girlfriend is having my baby, we are NOT married, she told me because of German laws as soon as the baby is born I will automatically be FORCED to pay child support through the government.  I was told by a friend child support is only FORCED if she asks for it.  I am concerned as a military member, which of these is true?? Will the German government automatically contact my branch and try to take child support??

Answer
If the child welfare office gives an advancement the government will sekk to get its money back from you. Furthermore, she can file an application at the child welfare office for assistance to get the support on her own behalf. So, both opinions are true.

German Law

Henning Haarhaus