German Law/Re open Divorce

Question
I was divorced from a German national in 2007 while I was in the US due to orders and she was in Germany.
My Lawyer at the time called me and told me the divorce was final and that there was no maintenance since there were no children or property.  My ex sent me letters 4-5 years later showing that I had to pay her.  She waited to send me the letters that late because she was waiting for me to become financially stable.  Because of the divorce and how everything went I had to
foreclose on a house in the US because the ex would not sign a quit claim deed so I could sell it and then a bankruptcy.  The courts came to a decision on how much I made based off one pay statement while I was deployed to combat. No bills were taken into consideration.  So the payment they have for me is
pretty outrageous.  My lawyer never showed the 3 years worth of pay statements provided or the fact that since I had to go back to the states my pay was drastically decreased.  

Is there any way that a case can be reopened so I can get a fair chance?  
Thanks.

Answer
Dear Brian,

You can not change the alimony back payments. But if your current income is still lower and you ex-wife is still claiming support from you we might be able to lower the payments for the future by filing a support adjustment claim at the local German court. You can contact me directly at csb@germanlegalservices.com

Sincerely,
C. Burgess  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess