German Law/Parents live together

I am currently living in Düsseldorf with my German wife. I have Indian nationality
Currently I am holding two years family visa because of my wife based on which I have permission to work here. Hence I am working as fulltime with gross salary 1600 + 400 euro mini job. Apart from my jobmy wife is also working . She is self employed. I want to bring my parents to germany to live with me. On my condition is it possible to bring them and sponsor them? What possible way do I have for my problem. I would be obliged to get any possible solution.

Hello Ahmad,

that's quite hard unfortunately.

For family reunion, there are only entitlements for spouses, children and parents if you would be a minor.
For parents of adults, it is up to the discretion of the immigration authorities. § 36 II AufenthG says that a family reunion visa can be granted if it is required to avoid an extreme hardship.

In addition to that, § 29 I AufenthG requires that you would already have the "Niederlassungserlaubnis", the permanent residence permit. The immigration authorities would also check whether you have enough space for your parents to live and enough income.

So unfortunately, you will first need to obtain the "Niederlassungserlaubnis" and then we can address the situation again.

Andreas Moser

German Law

Andreas Moser

Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.

2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK