German Law/inheritance


My mother Lived and worked in Germany for about 12 years and she died last year.but unfortunately she and her boyfriend were having the same account,I asked her boyfriend and he told me he has nothing to give,so i want to know if i can claim the part of my also living here in Germany.

Yes, but in order to known what to claim for you should demand more information on the status of the account (Oder-Konto/ Und-Konto) and its balance at the time when your mother had died. In terms of an additional compulsory share it would be helpful to know who paid the money in.  

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Henning Haarhaus


I can answer questions in English, German and French. Practice in inheritance law, tax, labour and contract law for private clients. Services also rendered in the fields of business & commercial law; e.g. business organizations, contracts, debt collections, leasing law. Representing clients all over Germany. NO CONSULTANCY ON FAMILY AND IMMIGRATION LAW.


Working since 1999 in the forenamed fields. Henning Haarhaus` experience includes services in the legal department of Roedl & partner, the biggest tax consultancy firm of German origin. Appointed Bar Certified Tax Law Practioner in 2007.

Bar Association of Berlin, KIWANIS


German licensed lawyer and bar certified tax specialist

©2017 All rights reserved.