German Law/Inheritance property abraod ad Divorce

Dear MS Carolin Schulz-Burgess,
My Father has died in Jan,2013 and Mother in Mar, 2013 in Pakistan. They have left some property which is not yet divided among my Brother & Sister. I am married, me and my wife got German Citizenship three years ago.We are going to get divorced as well. My question is regarding the Property, what is the process of transferring property to me, Should I registerred here in Germany and if I have tp pay Taxes on it?. I heard that If I got inheritance property will be accounted as Anfangvermögen and will help reducing the "zugewinnausgleich", which I have to give to my wife at the time of divorce. Is that Correct?
If at the time of divorce, proerty is not yet transsfered to my name, Can I still claim in Divorce process? If yes, what document i have to provide to German autherity?
Witha best regard,

Dear Salman,

You only have to pay taxes "Erschaftsteuer" in Germany if you don't pay any taxes in Pakistan. But there will be probably a free amount "Freibetrag". You would need to contact me at and give me more information and we can set up a consultation.

The inheritance will be added to the Anfangvermoegen for the Zugewinnausgleich.

Carolin Schulz-Burgess
German Attorney at Law/Foreign Legal Consultant  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess

German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.

I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.