German Law/Annulment or divorce? How to...

I am researching on behalf of my brother in Afghanistan.
He married a German woman in Denmark in march 2013 and has decided it was a mistake. They have never lived together. She is in Denmark.
My brother is a military contractor.
Can he get an annulment or divorce? What forms or links can you recommend for this? Thank you.

Hello Rhea,

I can't help much because I am a German lawyer and based on the wife's residence in Denmark, the jurisdiction would be in Denmark.

The best resource about German divorce law is this list of FAQ: (question no. 9 covers annulment, which is very hard to obtain in Germany)

I am sorry I don't know anything about Danish law,

Andreas Moser

German Law

Andreas Moser

Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.

2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK