German Law/Uncle's Will

Hello, my uncle died last week. He has no living spouse or children, only relatives are his two sisters, two nephews
( myself and one other resident in Germany) and one niece.
As my mother ( his sister) and myself live in the UK, and his niece ( my sister) we wanted to know how to access his Last Will and Testament, as he said that that we would inherit 3 ways, myself, my sister and his other nephew. How do we check his Will? Also, will my mother , his older sister inherit?
with thanks

The local court Amtsgericht - Nachlassgericht - opens the wills and sends copies to all relatives involved provided that it has sufficient knowledge about their identities and addresses and provided that the will was duly delivered to the court by the finder. I would therefore advise you to get in touch with the court.

German Law

Henning Haarhaus

I can answer questions in English, German and French. Practice in inheritance law, tax, labour and contract law for private clients. Services also rendered in the fields of business & commercial law; e.g. business organizations, contracts, debt collections, leasing law. Representing clients all over Germany. NO CONSULTANCY ON FAMILY AND IMMIGRATION LAW.

Working since 1999 in the forenamed fields. Henning Haarhaus` experience includes services in the legal department of Roedl & partner, the biggest tax consultancy firm of German origin. Appointed Bar Certified Tax Law Practioner in 2007.

Bar Association of Berlin, KIWANIS

German licensed lawyer and bar certified tax specialist