German Law/marriage


I am an asylum seeker.still not interviewed, here in Germany. And just have an auswies.
And now want to get married to a Hungarian citizen.where it is easy and how it should be done.pleade guide me

Dear Asia,

Your fiancee needs to contact the Standesamt (responsible department for marriages) in his German hometown. And possibly also the Standesamt (responsible department for marriages) in his former hometown in Hungary to find out what kind of requirements exist to get married for you guys. It might be easier to get married in Hungary.

If you decide to get married in Germany you will need to present copies of your birth certificates, your parents marriage certificates, copies of your passports/Ausweise etc. at the German Standesamt.  

Carolin Schulz-Burgess
German Attorney at Law/Foreign Legal Consultant

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carolin Schulz-Burgess


German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.


I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.

©2017 All rights reserved.