German Law/About my daughter

Question

I am filipina soon to get married with a german citizen, and I have a daughter  but I put her last name from her father but we didn't get married. I want to ask if its possible for me and my future husband to take her with us in Germany?

Thank you in advance

Answer
Dear Jessica,

Normally you will need the father's permission to move to Germany if you don't have sole custody of the child or you might need to obtain a custody decision here in the US.

If the father has no contact to the child I would just try to change the child's name here in the US before you move to Germany. The authorities here in the US are normally easier to work with.

Sincerely,
Carolin Schulz-Burgess
German Attorney at Law/Foreign Legal Consultant

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess