German Law/family law-divorce

Sri lankan man and German woman married under sri lankan law .They got divorced in German .is it acceptable to sri lanka .is there any  mechanism   to enforce to sri lanka.

Dear Dihani,

You might be able to get the divorce decree registered in Sri Lanka. Or the authorities might accept just a certified translation. You would need to contact a lawyer in Sri Lanka to find out what needs to be done.

Carolin Schulz-Burgess
German Attorney at Law/Foreign Legal Consultant  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess

German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.

I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.