You are here:

German Law/Asylum seeker getting marrying


Hello Sir
   I'm an asylum seeker in Germany.I'm from Pakistan. I want to marry with my German girlfriend. I heard to someone that about get married in Denmark is easy.
but I don't have any legal status.
so how can i get married in Denmark or in other country?
What can i do?
Please give me good advice ?
I shall very thankful to you

Dear Waqas,

I got married to my American husband in Germany. It involved a lot of paperwork and my husband had to provide many documents. I am not sure if it easier to get married in Denmark. Normally you can only get married in the country where your finance lives or has her citizenship from. So this means you have to contact the Standesamt in your girlfriend's German hometown. The Standesamt will inform your girlfriend what you need to provide to them.

Carolin Burgess

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carolin Schulz-Burgess


German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.


I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.

©2017 All rights reserved.