German Law/copy of grandmother's will

Question
How can I get a copy of my grandmother's will from Germany to know what she left to her two living daughters, my mother and my aunt?  My mother passed and my aunt only had a hand-written will which was not formally entered into the court system.  After my aunt passed I was sent a copy of the hand-written will, and corresponded with the german courts but was unable to state what my aunt had received in my grandmother's will, therefore I lost.  I am just looking for a copy of my grandmother's will to know what my aunt received.  Is it possible to get one?  Thank you for your help.

Answer
Maybe your grandmother`s will had been opened by the court, too? Then you would know if either your mother or your aunt had been appointed as her heirs. Maybe there was no will at all so that her children would have inherited a half share each. This would be my basic assumption if no will is to be found. The assets forming the estate are normally not specified in a will if no legacies are bequested. So in this regard I am not sure if your grandmother`s will would be of much help. You know there is no probate proceeding in Germany. So it was up to the heirs to settle the estate of your grand mother themselves unless a curator had been appointed because the heirs` identities or addresses had been unkonwn. Maybe you can find respective documentation in the estate of your mother or you can ask friends of your grand mother or aunt.  

German Law

Henning Haarhaus