German Law/Marriage in Kenya and German course

Question
Hi Andreas
I am Deriq from Kenya and my girlfriend is german and we are planning to get married here in kenya i would like to ask please is it a must i do the german course 1st before i get married or i cn do it after marriage here in Kenya or i can get married while im learning it here in kenya is that possible? And after getting married which visa should i apply for at the Embassy?

Thank you

Answer
There is no requirement that you do the German course before you get married. You can go ahead and get married at any time you both want.

You only need to have the German exam (at least at A1 level) when you will apply for your visa for Germany before moving there. You would apply for a spousal visa ( 28 I AufenthG).

All the best!
Andreas Moser
www.about.me/moser

German Law

Andreas Moser