You are here:

German Law/Need assistance for family reunionfication


Dear Sir,
I am from Pakistan, my wife has german nationality and we both wanted to settle in germany but the problem is that she is also living in Pakistan from lats 18 years, we both are blind in this matter that how to wrap up the difficulties......please do something for us, we need your kind help.

Faheem Aziz

Hello Faheem,

your wife can move to Germany anytime because she is German. It doesn't matter how long she has been out of the country.

For you to join her in Germany under a family reunion visa ( 28 AufenthG), you would need to convince the German Consulate that your wife cannot live in Pakistan to be together with you. So we would need to find reasons, for example if she has a job (offer) in Germany or if she attends university in Germany.

The solution would therefore depend very much on both of your qualifications and your academic and professional background. I could give you more detailed advice if you contact me with both your full backgrounds and your ideas for living in Germany, but I do charge 200 EUR for an individual consultation.

It would also help if you start to learn German as soon as possible and try to get at least the A1 certificate, but a higher language certificate if possible.

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.