German Law/i want my German doughter right for her father

Question
Hi dear moser
        My doughter is a german and her father also german but he give me divorce since 12 years before . i want to know that can it possible that he give me all the dews of my doughters of 12 years.i recently come from pakistan to germany
Thanks and regards
Fari rizwan

Answer
Hello Fari,

you cannot ask for arrears for child support because the father couldn't be expected to put money aside for 12 years if he was never sued for child support.

But of course you can start claiming child support now. The amount will be based on the father's income. The easiest way would be to contact him and ask him for his income statements. If he doesn't cooperate, we will take it from there. You can contact me again anytime.

Welcome to Germany and good luck!

Andreas Moser
www.about.me/moser

German Law

Andreas Moser