You are here:

German Law/i want my German doughter right for her father


Hi dear moser
        My doughter is a german and her father also german but he give me divorce since 12 years before . i want to know that can it possible that he give me all the dews of my doughters of 12 years.i recently come from pakistan to germany
Thanks and regards
Fari rizwan

Hello Fari,

you cannot ask for arrears for child support because the father couldn't be expected to put money aside for 12 years if he was never sued for child support.

But of course you can start claiming child support now. The amount will be based on the father's income. The easiest way would be to contact him and ask him for his income statements. If he doesn't cooperate, we will take it from there. You can contact me again anytime.

Welcome to Germany and good luck!

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.