German Law/German inheritance Law

Question
If a recent will that my wife is named is challenged in court & proved to be invalid due to hand writing analysis and a second will written in early 1990's in which her mother was named in(who has since passed away)is ruled as valid, does my wife have any legal claim to her deceased mothers portion of that will?

Answer
Potentially yes.

It depends on the exact wording of the will, on which relatives were still alive at what point and on when your wife's mother died.

Sorry that I can't be more specific without reading the wills in question.

For a bit more background on German inheritance law, here are my FAQ on this subject: https://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/faq-inheritance-germany/

Andreas Moser
www.about.me/moser

German Law

Andreas Moser