German Law/German inheritance Law

If a recent will that my wife is named is challenged in court & proved to be invalid due to hand writing analysis and a second will written in early 1990's in which her mother was named in(who has since passed away)is ruled as valid, does my wife have any legal claim to her deceased mothers portion of that will?

Potentially yes.

It depends on the exact wording of the will, on which relatives were still alive at what point and on when your wife's mother died.

Sorry that I can't be more specific without reading the wills in question.

For a bit more background on German inheritance law, here are my FAQ on this subject:

Andreas Moser

German Law

Andreas Moser

Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.

2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK