You are here:

German Law/About German Visa based on German daughter


Hello. Sir My name is Farida from Pakistan,about 13 years ago I got married with a German National man and go to German and live with my husband, after 1 year I become a Mother. when she is 13 month we come back Pakistan for meet our parents then he skip back to German without us and send me Divorce. Now my daughter is 13 years old and leave with me in i have get her German Passport from Pakistan Embassy but i have to know that is this possible to get my German visa for my daughter bass ?

Hello Farida,

because your daughter is German, you will get an (almost) automatic residence permit in Germany if your daughter moves to live in Germany: 28 I AufenthG.

Because your daughter is only 13, your daughter can of course not move ahead. But based on that, you should get a travel visa from the German Embassy and then once you will be in Germany, you register your daughter at the local "Einwohnermeldeamt" (registration office) and then you can apply for a residence permit during your stay.

All the best!

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.