German Law/German artist permit

Question
Hi Andreas,

I am thinking of applying for the freelancer permit and I am over 45 therefore needing proof of a pension plan except the brochure states that "Proof of a pension plan is not required for certain nationalities" Do you know if Australia is exempt? Also do you know if its possible to get the pamphlets on insurance, revunue etc in English?

Thanks

Answer
Hello,

Australia is not among the countries which are exempt from the requirement in 21 III AufenthG to have some provisions for retirement if the applicant is over 45 years old.

The immigration office will make a prognosis on the viability of your savings or pension plan based on your current pension plan in Australia and based on other savings or property that you have.

I found some information in English: http://www.bbk-berlin.de/con/bbk/front_content.php?idcat=145  It doesn't go into the details too much (which it can't because the situation is different for applicants from different countries), but it looks like they might be a good place to contact as well.

Good luck!

Andreas Moser
www.about.me/moser
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser