You are here:

German Law/German artist permit


Hi Andreas,

I am thinking of applying for the freelancer permit and I am over 45 therefore needing proof of a pension plan except the brochure states that "Proof of a pension plan is not required for certain nationalities" Do you know if Australia is exempt? Also do you know if its possible to get the pamphlets on insurance, revunue etc in English?



Australia is not among the countries which are exempt from the requirement in 21 III AufenthG to have some provisions for retirement if the applicant is over 45 years old.

The immigration office will make a prognosis on the viability of your savings or pension plan based on your current pension plan in Australia and based on other savings or property that you have.

I found some information in English:  It doesn't go into the details too much (which it can't because the situation is different for applicants from different countries), but it looks like they might be a good place to contact as well.

Good luck!

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.