You are here:

German Law/is it possible


i am married here in germany,currently trying to process my aufenthites erlaubnis.
the problem is my assylum case that has been closed is still a problem.i received a letter informing me that i have about a month to leave the country as my assylum was refused.
is that legal.
i am married now,dont i get any form of protection.
can i still be deported even after been married here.
please i need your reply.


Dear Prince Will,

You have to go to the Auslaenderbehoerde and apply for an Aufenthaltserlaubnis. If you show them your marriage certificate they will give you the right to stay for another two years and later permanently if you are able to support yourself or your wife is able to support you.  

Carolin Schulz-Burgess
German Attorney at Law/Foreign Legal Consultant

German Legal Services
306 South Walker Street
Columbia, SC 29205
Tel. +1 803 254-8153
Fax +1 803 753-9295

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carolin Schulz-Burgess


German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.


I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.

©2017 All rights reserved.