German Law/Interim Injunction with demand for fees

Question
I am an independent business man located in the States and was served with a court document from the Hamburg Regional Court for an order to cease and desist sale of a product and ordering me to pay costs of the proceedings based on a value in dispute.  The cease and desist is not an issue, I am no longer making sales in the EU at all, and only 1 single item was sold over eBay before I realized it was a parallel imports issue and took down the listings.  Where is this proceedings cost coming from and am I required to pay it?

Answer
In Germany (as nearly everywhere in the world except for the US), the unsuccessful party in a law suit has to bear all costs including court fees and the costs of the opponent`s representative. In general, court judgments can be executed in cross-border-cases as well if the winning party is eager to do so. It involves the assistance of the foreign legal institutions which have to check before they assist.  

German Law

Henning Haarhaus