German Law/Paternity

Question
My husband was perviously married to a German citizen. He is active duty Army and was stationed in Germany. Before he left Germany in late 2011 he and his ex-wife separated. She moved out of their home. He PCSed back to the states and she stayed in Germany. Once he arrived to the states he filed for a divorce but had a heard time because he then found out that she was pregnant and would not divorce him. Now that they are divorced he wishes to challenge his paternity. He has spoke to lawyers here, but has had no luck. He never signed a birth Certificate for this child and he knows for a fact that he is not the father because they were not living together when she became pregnant. The questions are:
What is the correct way to go about this?
What would the process be like?
Would it be best for us to hire a lawyer because he is not in Germany and there is no possible way to go to Germany?

Answer
Dear Cheli,

a german lawyer would need to file a paternity claim at the German court for your husband. I would like to set up a phone consultation with your husband to gather more information. My partner in Germany and I would be glad to organize a paternity decision. You can contact me directly at csb@germanlegalservices.com.

Sincerely,
Carolin Schulz-Burgess
German Attorney at Law/Foreign Legal Consultant

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess