German Law/Residence permit in Germany based on sister

Question
"hi i'm an albanian citizen.My sister live and works in germany for 10 years now,she has a permanent permit.I would like to ask if she can sponsor for me to live in germany as a family member,if yes how she can achive that i mean in base of what law     thank you in advance"

Answer
Mirėdita!

Usually, only children or spouses can be sponsored to come to Germany.

There is a way to sponsor other family members (§ 36 II AufenthG), but only if this is required to avoid an undue hardship. Typical examples are severe sickness which requires personal attention which cannot be provided in the home country.

The easier way to go to Germany is probably through a student visa (and by the time your studies will have finished, Albania will probably be an EU member state, so that you can stay without any problems) or a spousal visa if you find somebody whom you could marry for that purpose (Germany also accepts homo-sexual partnerships for this purpose).

Andreas Moser
www.about.me/moser
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com  

German Law

Andreas Moser