You are here:

German Law/anspruch auf Bafog


i am writting to inquire if by law,i have the right to apply for bafog(financial assistance) to study as i intend undertaking an mba program here in germany.

i am from africa but i am married to a german for about one year now.i have an aufenthalts for 3 years.
i have german B1 fluency,passed the integration course and have also done the einburgerungtest which i also passed.

do i have the right to bafog or any other form of financial support for studies.
Thanks for your time....i appreciate it.


I have translated the following passage from

"Cases in which holding a residence permit alone entitles to BaföG support (residence permits implying a prospect of remaining in Germany, VwV see 8.2.2 . ) :


   The residence permit has been issued because your spouse of a Germans national or because you have custody of a minor unmarried child of German nationality living in Germany (§ 28 of the Residence " family reunification with Germans ")."  

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Henning Haarhaus


I can answer questions in English, German and French. Practice in inheritance law, tax, labour and contract law for private clients. Services also rendered in the fields of business & commercial law; e.g. business organizations, contracts, debt collections, leasing law. Representing clients all over Germany. NO CONSULTANCY ON FAMILY AND IMMIGRATION LAW.


Working since 1999 in the forenamed fields. Henning Haarhaus` experience includes services in the legal department of Roedl & partner, the biggest tax consultancy firm of German origin. Appointed Bar Certified Tax Law Practioner in 2007.

Bar Association of Berlin, KIWANIS


German licensed lawyer and bar certified tax specialist

©2017 All rights reserved.