German Law/citizenship if born in Germany

Hello. I was born in Germany in 1992 but my parents were not citizens and left the country a few months after. My grandparents on the other hand were  citizens and lived there for more than 20 years  (gave up citizenship  after retirement ). Is it possible for me to get a German citizenship in this  circumstances? Thank you

Before 2000, Germany had no element of ius soli and German citizenship could only be obtained if at least one parent was German at the time of the birth.

For more on German citizenship law:  

German Law

Andreas Moser

Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.

2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK