German Law/citizenship if born in Germany

Question
Hello. I was born in Germany in 1992 but my parents were not citizens and left the country a few months after. My grandparents on the other hand were  citizens and lived there for more than 20 years  (gave up citizenship  after retirement ). Is it possible for me to get a German citizenship in this  circumstances? Thank you

Answer
No.

Before 2000, Germany had no element of ius soli and German citizenship could only be obtained if at least one parent was German at the time of the birth.

For more on German citizenship law: https://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/faq-citizenship-law-in-germany/  

German Law

Andreas Moser