German Law/Streitwert/Gegenstandswert calculation

Question
Dear Mr Moser,

I am in the process of getting a divorce in Germany.

He has initiated the process of divorce and I have received formal letter from the court and also from his lawyer. The divorce is amicable, we have no shared properties or children.

My question is regarding the Streitwert/Gegenstandswert calculation, What would be the legal date when my employment status is considered? We separated in 2013, at that time I was unemployed. The application to the court has been made in 2014 and by this time I have a job.

The application letter sent by his lawyer to the court states that I do not have an income.

Could you kindly suggest about this?

I earnestly appreciate this platform and you for providing me with information.

Kind regards
Ingrida

Answer
Hello Ingrida,

finally a question which I never answered before. Thank you for that! :-)

The relevant date for calculating the amount in controversy is the date of filing ( 34 FamGKG and 40 GKG).

Good luck for the divorce proceeding!

Andreas Moser
www.about.me/moser

German Law

Andreas Moser