German Law/Labour law

I've been out of job here in Aachen Germany for a while now, and receiving unemployment benefit. I then applied with the labour office to be trained as a Bus driver, but was asked to get a written letter from a potential employer before they could sponsor the training. However, I managed to get one from a bus company's Director which states that he was gonna give me full time employment after I've completed my training, and four weeks practical with his company. Supprisingly, the Labour office turned down the letter requesting for an employment contract. I tried to make my own point by telling them that no employer would employ one without  certificate, but they stood their ground. I therefore, went back to the Director who having thesame argument, declined.

The decision to finance a re-training is at the discretion of the official of the Arbeitsagentur who is in charge of your case. You have no general right to be granted the subsidy but to know of the reasons underlying the AA decision in orderv to check if an abuse of discretion has occured.

German Law

Henning Haarhaus

I can answer questions in English, German and French. Practice in inheritance law, tax, labour and contract law for private clients. Services also rendered in the fields of business & commercial law; e.g. business organizations, contracts, debt collections, leasing law. Representing clients all over Germany. NO CONSULTANCY ON FAMILY AND IMMIGRATION LAW.

Working since 1999 in the forenamed fields. Henning Haarhaus` experience includes services in the legal department of Roedl & partner, the biggest tax consultancy firm of German origin. Appointed Bar Certified Tax Law Practioner in 2007.

Bar Association of Berlin, KIWANIS

German licensed lawyer and bar certified tax specialist