German Law/how long to be married to German woman to get citizenship?

Hello Mr anderas I have one question I am Pakistani citizenship and before one year ago I got married with German women and after how long I able to apply German citizenship pls reply me ? Regards

If you are married to a German citizen, the requirements are as follows:
- you need to have been married for at least 2 years, and
- you need to have been living legally in Germany for at least 3 years.

Once these conditions are met and if you meet all the other requirements (no use of welfare, citizenship test, German language skills and so on), you can apply for German citizenship.

All the best!
Andreas Moser

German Law

Andreas Moser

Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.

2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK