German Law/Acquiring German citizenship - moving to Ireland

Question
Hi.., Im lara a filipina married to a german national. Im currently living in the philippines and 30 weeks pregnant to our first child. My husband is working in ireland and he wanted to bring us to ireland a month after i gave birth to our baby. What steps he should do to avail german passport for our baby? Can we get the passport in a short time cause he just have 1 month vacation in the philippine... With the german citizenship of our baby can we travel to ireland?.. Please help me clear my doubts about this matter.. Thank you and more power...

Answer
1.
For getting a German passport, you only need to apply at the German consulate with your baby's birth certificate, your marriage certificate and some evidence that the father is German. He doesn't need to be there himself, although it would make matters easier for otherwise they might want to contact him by e-mail or phone.

It will most likely take longer than 1 month because the passports are printed in Germany and then shipped out. I usually wait between 6 and 8 weeks for mine.

2.
If your German husband is working in Ireland, he can also bring you to Ireland with your Philippine passports because you fall under the EU freedom of movement: https://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/freedom-of-movement-eu/
As dependents of an EU citizen working in another EU country, you are exempt from domestic immigration laws.

All the best!
Andreas Moser
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser