German Law/Study information

Question
I am asylum seeker with family. I got admission in university. Can i change my status?or what can i do which is good for me

Thanks

Answer
Yes, you can change your status to student residence permit.

What you should do depends on the chances of your asylum application. If you think that it could be successful (in cases of political, ethnic or religious persecution), then you should maintain it. If you know that it will eventually be denied, you might as well switch to the residence permit as a student. Just don't withdraw your asylum application formally until you actually have the new residence permit.

Welcome to Germany and all the best to you and your family!

Andreas Moser
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser