You are here:

German Law/child support with other child in Nigeria


am nigerian i have lived in germany for 7yrs i have germany residence permit and i have a child with a german woman in germany, and i also have a child in nigeria with a nigerian woman in nigeria, the authority they called jugendamt has asked me to be paying unterhalt for my child in germany. and i want to be also paying for my child in nigeria, how can i make the germany authority they called jugendamt recognise my child in nigeria that i also want to be paying the unterhalt for child in nigeria because both of them are my children i want of them to enjoy the equal right of their father, which document do i need to present to germay authority for my child in nigeria  and in which office ?

German law does of course recognize the equality of all children that you are supporting.

You only need to present evidence to the Jugendamt that you have a child in Nigeria (a birth certificate, a certificate of paternity or something similar) and to show them how much you are paying each month (bank statements, agreement, court order).

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.