German Law/Duldung... marrying swiss citizen in Germany

Question
hi,
my name is Amin and i am from Pakistan. I applied for asylum in Germany and currently i have duldung (it is because of the dublin procedure... Germany want to send me to Swizterland but i got sick.. so i have a duldung for last 6 months and i get it renewed every three months).
Now i want to marry my Swiss girlfirend. So i have following questions
1. Can i marry my Swiss girlfriend in Germany?
2. I don't have a passport so what is the alternative document for that?

*** I cannot go to switzerland and marry her so it is not an option.

Answer
Hello Amin,

yes, you can get married in Germany.

If you have no passport and the Pakistani embassy in Germany won't issue a new one, you would need to provide other documents to prove your identity, like a birth certificate. The registrar might also ask for an excerpt of the registry of the municipality where you last lived in Pakistan which shows that you are single.

If you can travel to Denmark, it might be easier to get married there. They usually ask for less paperwork there and it works more quickly, although they might also ask for a passport.

Good luck!

Andreas Moser
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser