German Law/Germany nationality for spouse

Question
Dear MR Andrea Moser,

I am German National I am living in United Kingdom since five years. My first Child was born in UK and he have German nationality by birth. My wife have Indian passport. I want to know that how can I apply naturalization for my wife without living in Germany.  With kind regards,

Answer
Without living in Germany, that's very hard.

Your wife would need to speak fluent German and show very close ties to Germany, like working for a German company, studying German literature, being otherwise engaged in German affairs.

For applicants living outside of Germany, there is no entitlement to receive German citizenship. So your wife would be applying for naturalization by discretion. Her case would need to be overwhelming. She would basically need to show that despite living in the UK, her ties to Germany are stronger than her ties to the UK.

For more, see: https://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/naturalization-in-germany-from-abroad/

It's probably easier for her to apply for British citizenship.

German Law

Andreas Moser