German Law/German Citizenship

Question
Hallo,
I am originally citizen of India married to a Naturalised German Citizen,I have Niederlassungs erlaubnis(Unbefristet Visum),I am eligible to apply for German Citizenship through naturalisation and I got informed from the Ausländerbehörde that the process takes atleast 6 months to 1yr.My problem is I have very good job opportunities in India which I want to avail.Is it possible to still attain my citizenship if I apply for the same and am living and working in India.If yes then what is the process.
Looking forward to your revert.
Thanks and regards,
Shruti

Answer
Dear Shruti,

residence in Germany is one of the requirements for naturalization in Germany (with a few exceptions, which don't apply here: https://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/naturalization-in-germany-from-abroad/ ). Once you leave Germany, your naturalization application would be put on hold. The Ausländerbehörde would find out about it because they will ask you to provide them updated income statements and if these will be from India, well then it's very obvious.

In this situation, you need to decide what is more important to you.

However, if you move to India now and return to Germany later, up to 5 years of your stay in Germany may count towards the residence requirement (§ 12b II StAG).

Andreas Moser
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser