German Law/getting marry in Germany

Question
Respected Sir,

Im Shahzad, originally from pakistan. Currently residing in germany and applied for asylum. My asylum is still in process. It is not rejected yet. Now i want to marry with my German girl friend. But my name is a little bit different according to my passport. I mean, i applied adylume with a bit different name and in my passport is bit different name. Please let me know what should i do? Can i get an appointment for marriage?

Thanks in advance,

Your sincerely,

Answer
Dear Shahzad,

you can get married in Germany while your asylum process is still pending, but you need to use your real name. You will need to provide a passport, a birth certificate and a certificate from Pakistan stating that you are single or widowed and thus eligible to marry.

All of this has to be in your real name, otherwise it will cause problems later.

Once you are married, you will get a residence permit for Germany based on the marriage ( 28 I AufenthG), so you don't necessarily need to pursue the asylum process. But my advice on that would depend on the prospects of that process.

Good luck!

Andreas Moser
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser